> Exámenes >
Católica de Salta >
Altillo.com > Exámenes > Universidad Católica de Salta > Inglés III
FOCUS ON GRAMMAR:
1- CIRCLE THE CORRECT VERBS TO COMPLETE THIS CONVERSATION. (PRESENT SIMPLE OR VERB TO BE)
A= Where do / are you from, Anton?
B= I' m / be from Milan, in Italy. And you?
A= I comes / come from Jakarta, in Indonesia.
B= Oh, really? And where do / does you live?
A= I don't / doesn't live in Jakarta now, but Ilive / lives in Canada. My husband and Ihave / has an export business.
B= And what do you exports / export?
A= Local hand-made products.
A= Yes, it is. But we don't / aren't there very often. My husbandtravel / travels a lot in Europe, and Iwork / works more in the USA.
B= So he don't / doesn't see you very often!
A= No. But we are / do usually at home in July and August.
2.- SIMPLE PRESENT OR PRESENT PROGRESSIVE
Use the Simple Present or Present Continuous: Make Questions
1. When (arrive / the plane) ? When does your plane arrive?
2. (visit / you) Jane in hospital today? Do you visit Jane in hospital today?
3. What time (get up / you) in the mornings? What time do you get up in the morning?
4. Why (cry / she) now? Why is she crying now?
5. (swim / they) in the pool at the moment? Are they swimming in the pool at the moment?
3. READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS AND ASK QUESTIONS
1- Who do you work for?
I work for Michelin.
2- Is it an American company?
No, it isn't. It's a French Company.
3- Which is your means of transport when you go to the gym?
I go to the gym by bicycle.
4- Is there any car park in this town?
Yes, there is a car park near the hotel.
5 Can you have lunch in your work?
I can have lunch at work from 1pm to 2pm.
6- Are there any three star hotels in the city?
Yes, there are.
8- Are you a doctor?
No, I’m not.
4. IMPERATIVES VERBS: HERE ARE SOME ADVICE FOR GIVING A PRESENTATION. CHOSE VERBS FROM THE BOX BELOW TO FILL THE GAPS, AS IN THE EXAMPLES.
USE* ASK* LOOK* READ* WRITE* CHECK* SPEAK* PAUSE* ANSWER* PREPARE
SECRETS OF A SUCCESSFUL PRESENTATION
þ PREPARE your presentation in advance. DON’T WRITE everything you want to say- just the main points.
þ Look at your audience. Don’t read your notes all the time.
þ Usevisual information to illustrate your presentation, and check that everybody can read it.
þ Don’t speak too quickly . Pause every two minutes to give people time to think about what you are saying.
þ Ask your audience to wait until the end to ask questions. Answer questions immediately.
5-FOCUS ON EXPRESSIONS: ORDER THE FOLLOWING EXPRESSIONS
1. I- YOU- GET- SOMETHING- CAN- ? Can I get you something?
2. TALKING- YOU- NICE- TO Nice talking to you.
3. A- HOTEL- THERE- THE- IS- BAR- IN- ? Is there a bar in the hotel?
4. ME- EXCUSE- PLEASE. Excuse me, please.
5. WORK- TOYOTA- I- YOU- FOR- HEAR. I hear you work for Toyota.
6. A- PEOPLE- OF- HERE- KNOW- YOU- LOT- DO- YOU- ? Do you know a lot of people here?
7. CASH DISPENSERS-ARE-THERE-NEAR HERE? Are there cash dispensers near here?
6.- WRITING: Office workers “admit being rude”.
Do you have experience of the bad manners described in this article? How do you feel when other people show bad manners?
Do you agree that “courtesy is no longer respected” and “it´s stuffy to be polite? Why/Why not?
I think that people must have good manners with the others because there is no reason to have a bad attitude with them. If you have some problems with someone, you can talk with good predisposition to get great results.
I don’t agree with those affirmations because I learn from my parents that I have to be a polite person If I want to be respected.
7.- OFFERS AND REQUESTS
Which offer or request 1-6 matches responses a-f?
1- Would you like a drink?
2- Let me show you our new offices
3- Can I post your letter for you?
4- Could you give me Jon’s number, please?
5- Would you please bring me some tea?
6- Could I use your office this afternoon?
a- Yes, that´s no problem
b- Yes, of course
c- Yes, just a moment. It´s on the database
d- Don´t worry, I can do it myself
e- That would be nice, but I haven´t got much time, I am afraid
f- Just a glass of water, please
Preguntas y Respuestas entre Usuarios: